Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and Washington customers of NW Natural. Year over year, Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
Energy Trust is a fully vaccinated workplace. This includes all employees and agency contractors. All staff must submit proof of vaccination status or request an exception for health or religious reasons. This requirement applies to all employees, including staff who are working in-office, remotely from home or operating within a hybrid work model.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Software Developer manages the development and deployment of data processing systems and interfaces to support the business process. This position will act with autonomy developing software on complex projects with multiple technology stacks. They will be contributing to technical decisions, writing code and documentation for Energy Trust software, performing unit automated integration testing, and providing technical mentorship for the work of associate software developers on the Information Technology team.
This individual works as part of the IT team and uses proven management, analytic, technical, communication and collaborative problem-solving skills to help maximize the capabilities and use of the Energy Trust’s business system. This role serves as an integral part of the IT Department and, as such, may be called upon to perform other IT duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop complex software involving all technical aspects of a solution including user interface, business rules, integrations, and database modeling, design & implementation.
- Using industry best practices create technical designs and influence technical architecture in collaboration with the team, considering current and future applications.
- Provide vision and guide application design using a service based, loosely coupled approach with business objects and integrations that are highly re-usable.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of relevant technology and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Make recommendations for how best to leverage Microsoft technologies within the architecture.
- Serve as development DBA including technical leadership for database architecture and SQL development, in collaboration with production DBA’s
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Participate in sizing of user requests and planning for sprints as part of the Agile development process
- Code and test of new system functionality following established standards and procedures, with deliverables to include code builds and appropriate documentation.
- Build and coordinate production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios.
- Identify and recommend refactoring opportunities where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements and quality enhancements may be incorporated.
- Respond to end user issues and find solutions within the prioritization framework.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Computer Science from an accredited college or university or a in another discipline) or equivalent education/experience in the information technology field, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience throughout the full software development lifecycle.
- 7 years of IT experience.
- Proficiency in the .NET framework and Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience in web architecture and web services technologies.
- MS SQL Server database administration and T-SQL programming experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to document work for easy understanding.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Experience in an Agile development methodology.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/about/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Software Developer
Energy Trust of Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Trust of Oregon is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.