Program Manager – Residential
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. Year over year, Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Energy Trust is currently assessing a range of work location options to respond to the pandemic, continue to meet business needs and provide work location flexibility for employees. Currently, we are utilizing remote, hybrid and in-office work locations. We expect employees working remotely to maintain the ability to report to our office located in the Portland Metro area at the discretion of leadership and pandemic-related public health guidance. While we are open to candidates who live throughout Oregon and Washington, the Program Manager would be expected to report to the office on a quarterly basis, at minimum.
Energy Trust is a fully vaccinated workplace. This includes all employees and agency contractors. All staff must submit proof of vaccination status or request an exception for health or religious reasons. This requirement applies to all employees, including staff who are working in-office, remotely from home or operating within a hybrid work model.
This position will manage an array of complex projects, program initiatives and strategies within the Residential Sector, with a focus on the sector’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives. This work will include designing and managing new and existing programmatic offerings, managing program outreach, and representing Energy Trust with strategic partners in the public and private sectors. The Program Manager will also manage associated budgets, contracts and internal processes for assigned initiatives, and is responsible in supporting the development of the Residential Sector Budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the implementation of a portfolio of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives in support of customer acquisition strategies, savings goals, and diverse participation metrics.
- Implement programs and strategies in support of community-based initiatives including design, outreach, and implementation.
- Manage all aspects of assigned initiatives including: goal setting, budgeting, utility engagement and regulatory compliance, program development, and implementation of energy efficiency
- Develop strategic partnerships with public and private sector partners to advance energy efficiency.
- Manage relationships with utilities and OPUC staff in support of key program initiatives through regular engagement.
- Direct the work of contractors, manage implementation contracts and supervise field efforts in support of program initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of project implementation for the program initiatives, applying best practices for project management and quality assurance, ensuring efforts meet internal and external financial, audit, evaluation and public communication requirements.
- Work on multiple concurrent team-based initiatives, such as integrating renewables and efficiency in DEI offers.
- Support pilot and research projects within the Residential Sector.
- Act as a Program Lead for measure development, providing technical and subject matter expertise to the measure development process in support for DEI measures.
- Work directly with customers and act as liaison among program contractors, community based organizations, consultants and customers to define applied energy solutions.
- Coordinate initiatives with other Energy Trust efficiency and/or renewable resource programs, providing technical assistance and training to other program staff and contractors.
- Write and present reports to advisory committees, public groups and to the Energy Trust governing board.
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from customers.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of project information.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
The Program Manager will oversee the work of contractors, suppliers, vendors and interns in the course of managing projects, program initiatives and other efforts. The Program Manager will work jointly with other staff on coordinating efforts as a team leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, science, economics, finance, business or architecture preferred), or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in the energy efficiency industry managing program initiatives, field campaigns, project evaluation studies or leading and managing project teams.
- 2 years of direct experience in managing contractors, including writing scopes of work and managing the execution of the contract.
- Direct experience managing multiple contractors and complex budgets.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and enterprise software applications.
- A working understanding of energy project development.
- Familiarity with the NW energy-efficiency stakeholder and policy landscape, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with parties that may have divergent interests.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Strong technical and mathematical aptitude.
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Program Manager – Residential
Energy Trust of Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us at email@example.com.
Energy Trust of Oregon is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.