About Energy Trust of Oregon
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. Year over year Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Clean, affordable energy for everyone.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We recognize the lack of diversity in our industry, and we actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices as well as our values. We believe every person and their lived experience is integral to building a vibrant culture and delivering effective services to all customers we serve. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Energy Trust provides for a range of work location options, including remote, hybrid and in-office work. This position will represent Energy Trust in public settings and potentially at community events. We are open to candidates who live throughout Oregon and Washington. The Operations Analyst would be expected to report to the office on a quarterly basis, at minimum.
Energy Trust is currently a fully vaccinated workplace for COVID-19. All staff must submit proof of vaccination status or request an exception for health or religious reasons.
What We’re Looking For:
Under the general supervision of the Operations Lead, this position acts as the product owner for the Operations Support Team to provide project ownership, management, and technical leadership on large standalone systems projects. The Operations Analyst also serves as lead for ongoing prioritization efforts to improve business systems with the goal of improving data quality and access, as well as improving operational efficiency within the organization and our contractors. The Operations Analyst will be the primary liaison for the group with the IT department, and will work across the organization to define, develop, and implement improved tools for forecasting, project and payment processing, and visualization and analysis. The individual in this position provides technical business systems support and leads data and process improvement efforts for improved management, implementation, and marketing.
In addition, the Operations Analyst will assume lead responsibility in specified areas of data, operations, and the use of all data systems. The Operations Analyst manages and leads the analysis, production and visualization of data, reports, and key business-systems operations in order to increase productivity, expand staffs’ abilities to strategically analyze and use information to design, manage and support programs. The Operations Analyst assumes ownership of core data with the responsibility of standardizing definitions, documentation, content, quality, security and value throughout the organization.
The Operations Analyst serves as an integral part of the Operations Support Team and, as such, may be called upon to perform other duties on behalf of the organization in addition to those detailed here. The Operations Analyst may be called upon to supervise contract resources and provide mentorship and support in the development of other staff on the team and other areas of the organization.
What You’ll Do:
Lead for IT systems strategy and integration for group
- Lead collaboration across the organization to identify, prioritize, and complete major systems acquisitions and enhancements, serving as product owner or project manager, ensuring assigned systems projects are completed to users’ needs.
- Power user of all IT systems, currently including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Project Tracking, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Management Studio, SharePoint, and XML integration/support
- Interface with Energy Trust IT systems and other software to improve project tracking, customer relationship management, forecasting, and utilization of utility and program data
- Proactively work with IT department staff and in cross-organizational workgroups to ensure solutions are available and effective, representing group needs of information systems integration
- Lead assigned staff and teams in support of the implementation, and associated change management, of business systems development and replacement efforts.
Operations/ Data System Management
- Manage cross-program business-process initiatives, and coordinate activities of staff on these efforts while also ensuring alignment with Energy Trust operational needs.
- Oversee audits of project records and other compliance processes with Finance and Legal departments, leading efforts to improve records and resolve identified problems
- Manage data related quality assurance and quality control improvements
- Manage all project related data and processes around inputting and accessing this data
- Provide technical assistance and training to program staff and manage contractor use of data systems to ensure data systems are being used as intended and that changes in systems or practices are effectively implemented by program staff and contractors
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the business processes of each sector and how it relates to the organization’s strategic operations.
- Identify and get buy-in for system and process improvements to drive increased efficiencies and/or greater analytic capabilities for market and analysis and strategic engagement
Forecasting, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Provide ownership and stewardship of database entities through creation and maintenance of data definitions, documentation of business rules, development and monitoring of standard metrics to track data quality, and leading data clean-up and standardization efforts.
- Analyze and interpret historical project and program data to help guide program design, set goals, and develop more accurate budgets
- Oversee project data updates from contractors, prepare dashboards, project pipeline reports for regular Forecasting of program’s progress towards annual goals
- Define and implement tools that increase productivity, and expand the group’s abilities to strategically analyze and use information
- Provide program data and QC data for external or internal reporting, including ad hoc data mining and regular Quarterly program activity reporting
- Lead development and adoption of self-service reports, dashboards, and visualizations in order to improve organizational efficiency and access to information.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within our organization.
- This position has no direct supervisor responsibilities.
- This position will direct the work of cross-functional teams, interns and/or contractors.
What You’ll Need:
- Undergraduate degree (engineering, science, economics, finance, business, or computer science) – or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience such as in energy programs, business analysis, project evaluation, project management, technical customer support, software development or commercial design/construction/development
- Minimum of one year of direct experience in project management with key responsibilities for product completion and/or project ownership
- Ability to learn and master Energy Trust data systems and reporting tools
- Professional, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Technical and mathematical aptitude, detail-oriented
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in achieving resolution or agreement when there is disagreement, conflict, or an unclear path forward
- Experience in systems, data and business analysis and systems testing
- Experience in systems projects using agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups
- Knowledge of Microsoft software desktop and database applications, with high level of proficiency using SQL, XML and Power BI
What You’ll Get:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employer sponsored and paid life/disability
- 401(k) with a company contribution of 6% of your salary after 90 days of employment
- TriMet pass
- Access to health and dependent FSA/HSA accounts
- Generous paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee assistance program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great colleagues and culture
- Flexibility to work from home and/or an office space at the Portland, OR location
- Work from home laptop provided
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and People of Color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Energy Trust we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace—if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Operations Analyst
Energy Trust of Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Energy Trust of Oregon is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.