Sr. Human Resources Business Partner – Energy Programs and Business Development and Innovation Groups
About Energy Trust of Oregon
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. Year over year Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Clean, affordable energy for everyone.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We recognize the lack of diversity in our industry, and we actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices as well as our values. We believe every person and their lived experience is integral to building a vibrant culture and delivering effective services to all customers we serve. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, and we encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Energy Trust provides for a range of work location options, including remote, hybrid and in-office work. This position will represent Energy Trust in public settings and potentially at community events. We are open to candidates who live throughout Oregon and Washington. The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner would be expected to report to the office on a quarterly basis, at minimum.
Energy Trust is currently a fully vaccinated workplace for COVID-19. All staff must submit proof of vaccination status or request an exception for health or religious reasons.
What We’re Looking For:
The Sr. Human Resource Business Partner provides full range of day-to-day support to leadership and employees in all functional areas of Human Resources including talent management and workforce planning; total compensation; employee relations and engagement; benefits administration; performance management; training and professional development and compliance administration for Energy Trust’s Energy Programs and Business Development and Innovation groups. This position will work on special projects as assigned across all HR disciplines and in support of all functional areas of the organization, with a special emphasis on training and development, compensation administration, succession planning, and workforce planning and development.
This position cultivates a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees, contractors and interns. This includes but is not limited to, supporting a talent strategy that supports the organization’s diversity goals, measuring and forecasting diversity metrics, designing and training on company policies that supports an inclusive work environment and that supports overall organizational readiness and employee retention.
What You’ll Do:
Energy Programs and Business Development Group Focused Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day human resources guidance and support to all leaders and employees in the business development and innovation and energy programs groups.
- Lead organizational design and restructuring efforts in partnership with group leadership.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance regarding talent acquisition, talent management and talent retention in line with the organizations business strategy and goals, with a strong focus on building a diverse workforce.
- Oversee all aspects of the hiring and onboarding process for key roles including development of position descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, assisting with final selection of employees to fill open positions, compensation analysis and generally providing expertise and guidance to hiring managers throughout the full cycle of the hiring process.
- Participate in the maintenance of employee benefits programs based on organization’s needs and trends, recommends benefit programs and policies, and ensures employee awareness of benefit programs. Responsible for employee benefits administration including processing enrollment changes, answering benefit related questions, and assisting employees with any claim issues.
- Advise leadership and employees on performance management and employee development issues and opportunities to close skill or competency gaps and sustain high performance. Support the annual performance review process as needed.
Organization-Wide Focused Responsibilities:
- Design, lead and manage workforce planning and development efforts in partnership with the Director of HR and other leadership team members to identify the long term organizational and employee capabilities needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Develop and manage succession plans for all leadership positions and essential roles across the organization to identify top talent and support the development and retention of that talent in alignment with the organization’s career development strategies.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations and provide appropriate recommendations to management in alignment with organizational policies and procedures as needed.
- Conduct research, analyze HR data and prepare reports to help influence business decisions including compensation market analyses, job evaluations and job mapping in designated business areas.
- Develop and maintain a training and development program that is based on identified gaps in organizational talent, readiness, or compliance needs.
- Manage the bi-annual employee engagement survey process in partnership with HR team members.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing human resource requirements based on state and federal laws and regulations.
- Participate in the annual review and updating of the employee handbook in collaboration the Director of Human Resources and General Counsel. Answer employee questions regarding the employee handbook and HR policies. Make recommendations, draft and/or provide input when creating or editing existing policies.
- Manage completion of all supporting data sources that aid in the development and maintenance of various HR initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, EEO-1 reports, employee engagement survey, 100 best survey, and market compensation evaluation survey as necessary.
- Participate in Energy Trust’s annual business planning process and participate in the ideation, creation and implementation of strategic initiatives and activities across the organization.
- Draft and deliver human resources communications to internal and external staff members and stakeholders.
- Document and regularly update standard operating procedures.
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- This position mentors internal human resources operational staff
- The position may hire and direct the work of external contractors
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 8 years of human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field – or equivalent experience – preferred
- SHRM, PHR or SPHR certification(s), or equivalent, are strongly preferred.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience in compensation analysis and administration. High proficiency with excel strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing strategies related to workforce planning and employee development
- Demonstrated experience designing, leading, managing and implementing human resource projects and initiatives
- Advanced human resource and employee communication/engagement skills including extensive knowledge of HR legal requirements
- Advanced oral and written communication abilities
- Experience with ADP’s HRIS system is required. Demonstrated computer application skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service orientation and responsiveness
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
What You’ll Get:
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employer sponsored and paid life/disability
- 401(k) with a company contribution of 6% of your salary after 90 days of employment
- TriMet pass
- Access to health and dependent FSA/HSA accounts
- Generous paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee assistance program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great colleagues and culture
- Flexibility to work from home and/or an office space at the Portland, OR location
- Work from home laptop provided
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and People of Color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Energy Trust we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace—if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Sr. Human Resource Business Partner – Energy Programs and Business Development and Innovation Groups
Energy Trust of Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Energy Trust of Oregon is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.